The term repiping does not necessarily sound like a difficult term to understand, though most homeowners might not fully picture what all the the repiping process entails. Also, most Las Vegas homeowners may not have a clear idea of when needing a repipe service will be needed. We hope clarify both of these questions in this article.
No one wants to have ones plumbing system just stop operating like it should. Luckily, there are many different warning signs that home plumbing will offer before it just quits or a large water leak begins suddenly. If the solution to ones residential plumbing woes is to be a repiping service, begin by looking for these signs. Do not be afraid that if any one or several of these signs are present in your Las Vegas home, a water pipe replacement will definitely be needed. It will be important for us to be able to come assess the situation.
1. How is the water pressure in the home? It can be taken for granted when the overall water pressure in the home begins to decrease. Low water pressure can be caused by different factors,and needing a repipe is not the only solution, but it is one of the warning signs.
2. Is ones water discolored? Typically, discolored water is a sign of rust in ones water pipes. If the color goes away after running a faucet for a few seconds, it is a good sign that rust is developing inside ones plumbing pipes. If it continues to be discolored, there are other possible reasons for it. If it just happening now, and has not been a growing concern, the water company could be performing maintenance on the water system. Also, it could be a sign of an issue with ones hot water heater if it is just happening with the hot water faucets. Again, do not fear that a repiping is the only solution.
3. Inspect for water leaks. Being able to see that one has a water pipe leak is a good sign and a lucky sign, for much of a home’s water pipes are hidden behind walls. Because of this it is possible for a plumbing leak to be occurring for a while before it can be noticed. Repairing a water leak does not mean that all the the home’s plumbing will need replaced. However with an older home, it can be a sign that the original pipes are beginning to wear out. It may be a good idea to have larger areas repiped to avoid other water leaks in the near future.
4. Visible signs of pipe corrosion. IT is a good idea to inspect all visible water pipes for signs of corrosion. Once it is noticed, give us a call to inspect.
5. Is there a temperature different in water from the shower or bath when a toilet is flushed? This can be a sign too.
6. Strange noises from plumbing pipes. If ones home is starting to sound like it is haunted because the water pipes are banging and noisy, let us know. A hot water heater can become noisy which is an easy fix for us to flush it out. But if the sounds are coming from the pipes themselves when water is flowing through them, it can be a warning sign of needing a repipe job.
7. Are there odors from ones water? Though, smelly water can be caused by many different factors, one can be a sign that the inside of the water pipes are deteriorating.
Please let us know when these symptoms are noticed. We will quickly figure out what the reasons are for these symptoms and what the appropriate plumbing repair will be.